NJMCDirect is the official portal owned by New Jersey Government using which, people can pay their parking tickets and traffic fines online. People of NJ will be able to access their traffic ticket information and also view and pay Municipal Complaint Time Payment Orders which is recently introduced.
There are many instances in our daily life that we miss traffic rules because of the urgency in a schedule or you are a little hurry to go home. Either urgency or emergency may influence you to commit traffic violation sometimes but that is strictly not allowed in NJ. Whenever violation happens, you need to pay the fines accessed by the nj courts at www.njmcdirect.com.
It’s definitely not easy to pay your traffic ticket because you need to stand for a long time in a court queue where you have to compromise your valuable time. In such cases, njmcdirect.com is the one and only time saving solution we all have.
- 1 What Is NJMCDirect?
- 2 NJMCDirect.com Requirements
- 3 How To Pay NJMCDirect Traffic Ticket Bill at www.njmcdirect.com
- 4 How To Pay NJMCDirect Municipal Complaint (Time Payment Order)
- 5 NJ Traffic Ticket Convenience Fee Details
- 6 NJMCDirect Payment Hours
- 7 NJMCDirect Customer Service Details
- 8 Benefits Of Using NJMCDirect Payment Portal
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9.1 1. How Long Does It Take for Ticket To Show Up Online?
- 9.2 2. What If You Can Not Find Your NJ Ticket On NJMCDirect Portal?
- 9.3 3. What Happens If I Don’t Pay On Time at NJMCDirect?
- 9.4 4. How To Check All Tickets To A Vehicle in NJMC Portal?
- 9.5 5. How To Use Amex on NJMCDirect?
- 9.6 6. How To Search For A Ticket on NJMC Online Portal?
- 9.7 7. Why Hasn’t My Ticket Showed Up On NJMCDirect?
- 9.8 8. How To Pay By Mail to NJ?
- 9.9 9. How Much is a Seat Belt Ticket in NJ?
- 10 Conclusion
What Is NJMCDirect?
NJMCDirect is a portal especially designed for people in New Jersey to pay their traffic bills and parking fines online easily. If you have a traffic ticket, you can pay your bills online at www.njmcdirect.com conveniently and you don’t have to go miles and stand for hours to pay your ticket.
If you have already faced a situation of standing in a big line in front of a court in New Jersey to pay your traffic ticket, you can understand the pain. You need to put up your time and schedules if you choose to pay traffic ticket at court.
By using njmc direct portal, you don’t need to go to courts and stand in the queues for a long time. When it comes to njmcdirect payment method, you can easily login to the portal with your license plate number and choose the bill type between “Traffic Ticket” or “Municipal Complaint (Time Payment Order)”.
Don’t worry, we will provide you the complete details about njmcdirect ticket payment in the next section.
Must Check: NJ Surcharge Details Based on NJMVC
NJMCDirect Portal has certain requirements in order to be able to, allow you to pay your traffic bills, fines and stuff like that. We have provided a checklist that you can check right away to make sure everything is up and working perfect with your online njmc traffic bill payment.
- NJ Ticket Prefix Code
- Court ID/Name
- Ticket Number
- License Plate Number
- Credit Card or Debit Card
- Mobile Phone or a Laptop
- An Active Internet Connection
See, most of the requirements mentioned above are common except first 4 in the list. All those details can be found on Traffic Ticket which is supposed to be imposed on the person who violated the rules.
If you have a NJ Traffic Ticket with you right now, you can find all the details such as NJ Ticket Number, Court ID/Name and Prefix Code, etc.
Please note that you need to make payment before the due date to avoid extra handling charges in the form of fines.
Important Note:You will be able to make payments only after 4 days of the bill generation date and time.
How To Pay NJMCDirect Traffic Ticket Bill at www.njmcdirect.com
We have provided the step by step instructions which will help you pay your traffic ticket bill online.
1. Go to www.njmcdirect.com on your phone or a desktop. Otherwise, you can click here to open the portal directly on your device.
2. Select “Traffic Ticket” option as a next step which is very important.
3. Enter the details such as Court ID/Name, Prefix, Ticket Number, License Plate Number from the njmc direct ticket bill copy that you currently have.
4. You can find all those details from the ticket as shown above.
4. Tap “Search” after entering all necessary information as mentioned above to find out your bill.
5. Now you will be navigated to the njmcdirect payment page where you can use your debit card, credit card or any other online payment method such as UPI or Online Banking or PayPal to make the payment.
Your license may get suspended if you fail to make payments to the fines on time. You can read this guide to Restore Suspended NJ License where we have also discussed the the tips for license renewal process.
How To Pay NJMCDirect Municipal Complaint (Time Payment Order)
Update: From May 4th, 2020, NJMCdirect is accepting payments on Municipal Complaint Time Payment Orders for Essex County Municipal Courts. This will be further expanded to all municipal courts within the coming weeks to may the payments simple and easy.
If you are paying your bill online at NJMCDirect Official Website, there will be an additional 3% fee for the service. I guess this is a much better option rather than standing in long queues wasting valuable time.
1. Choose Municipal Complaint (Time Payment Order) as a first step if you are about to pay your municipal compliant bill.
2. Enter the details such as Court ID/Name, Prefix, Year, Number and choose “Additional Search Criteria” and hit “Search”.
3. Once the payment is done, you are good to go. You can see the time payment order sample below.
This way, you can pay your traffic bills and other fines such as parking, etc before the due date. Otherwise, there may a consequential orders from the court.
NJ Traffic Ticket Convenience Fee Details
NJ Ticket Payment convenience is completely different from the service handling charges which is 3% of your billing amount. Convenience free is directly related with the bill amount and varies from low to high which you can check below.
So, if your fine amount is $50 for example, you need to pay a convenience fee of $2 along with handling charges of 3% of your billing amount which is equals to $1.5.
At the end, you will be charged $50+$2+$1.5 = $53.5 from your card.
NJMCDirect Payment Hours
We all know the fact that most of the online payment systems and services available 24/7. But NJMCDirect Payment Hours is completely different which is only available in particular timings in a week and same will be repeated for the entire year.
So, it’s easy to provide support all the people who are looking for some help before or while making the payment. Kindly, check out the dates and timings shared below.
|Monday - Thursday||4:30AM - 11:15PM (EST)|
|Friday||4:30AM - 10:15PM (EST)|
|Saturday||4:30AM - 3:15PM (EST)|
|Sunday||1:00PM - 11:15PM (EST)|
NJMCDirect Customer Service Details
If you have any queries, you can directly contact NJMCDirect by using the contact details shared below.
Phone Number: (973) 284 4945
Tel Ph: 609-292-9580
Fax: (973) 284 4914
Office Address: NJMC Public Safety Building, 2nd Floor, 228 Chestnut Street, New Jersey, United States of America.
NJMC Direct Hours Of Operation: Monday to Friday (8 AM to 4 PM).
Benefits Of Using NJMCDirect Payment Portal
1. Time Saving: Manual method of nj traffic ticket payment method will consume a lot of your valuable time for collecting bill at court and standing in a long queue for nj ticket payment, etc.
2. User-Friendly: The official website njmcdirect.com is a well designed portal which loads super fast on mobile devices and laptops as well. There is nothing much understand, just open the portal page, fill out the details and start making payment, that’s it.
3. Updates: Every single update regarding the ticket payment is mentioned on the homepage itself. So that you don’t need to worry about anything such as working hours, support, Time payment order details, etc.
4. Secure: It’s a safe and secure online payment portal for traffic bill payment. You don’t need to worry about your personal details such as Name, Credit Card Information, etc., since the site is operated by the government.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Long Does It Take for Ticket To Show Up Online?
It takes 4 days to get your ticket updated to the nj online ticketing portal. You will be able to find out your ticket in the portal with Ticket Number, Court ID/Name, License Plate Number, etc.
2. What If You Can Not Find Your NJ Ticket On NJMCDirect Portal?
If you are not able to find out your parking ticket or traffic ticket even after waiting for more than 4 days, it is suggested to contact the customer support and share the details such as your license plate number, etc., to get information and confirmation about the status of the ticket there by.
3. What Happens If I Don’t Pay On Time at NJMCDirect?
There is no rule that you need to make payment online at nj ticketing portal. You can pay the bill offline by attending the court but please make sure to pay the bill on time to avoid late payment fees and extra fines.
4. How To Check All Tickets To A Vehicle in NJMC Portal?
There is nothing like profile creation to manage the past data but yes, you will be given the list of previous ticket information upon logging in with your License Plate Number.
5. How To Use Amex on NJMCDirect?
After logging in, you can use the american express credit card to make payment, it’s as same as you use any other card for the payment.
6. How To Search For A Ticket on NJMC Online Portal?
If you don’t know your ticket number, you can search for nj ticket or municipal complaint information by going through this page.
7. Why Hasn’t My Ticket Showed Up On NJMCDirect?
It is because that your ticket is not yet updated to the nj online portal. In such cases, it is suggested to wait for 4 days from the time of the ticket generation and check back later.
8. How To Pay By Mail to NJ?
There is no such facility as of now. You will have to either pay ticket online at nj portal or you need to attend court for the manual payment.
If you have any unanswered questions, you can check out the complete NJ FAQ to get clear idea about all your doubts and questions.
9. How Much is a Seat Belt Ticket in NJ?
Failure to wear seat belt fee is around $46 without including surcharges, late fee, Convenience fee and Service handling charges.
You can check out all categories of fee (traffic fine points) at this resource.
NJMCDirect portal is the convenient way of paying traffic bills and fines to NJ Courts right from from home or office. Understand 3 major points about the portal; 1, Get ticket information 2. Pay traffic tickets 3. Pay Time Payment Orders.
We have covered everything you may need to know before making payment to your nj traffic ticket at the portal above. Along with that, we have answered most of the frequently asked questions in the above section. We request you to post you questions and doubts below for the answers.